Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin, Metz & Associates (FM3), a California corporation, has specialized in public policy-oriented opinion research since 1981. FM3 offers a wide range of opinion research, communications strategy and consulting services to assist political candidates, ballot measure committees, corporations, non-profit organizations and government agencies. FM3 opinion research services include:
- Random-digit-dial (RDD) & listed sample public opinion telephone surveys in English, Spanish & other languages
- Mail and Internet surveys in English, Spanish and other languages
- In-depth executive interviews and employee/membership research
- Focus groups in English and/or Spanish
- Communications strategy consulting
- Consumer market research
- Customer/citizen satisfaction and community assessment research
- Public-sector community relations and outreach program development and implementation
- Advertising and media testing using Audience Response System "Perception Analyzer" technology
FM3 prides itself in delivering personal service to its clients, who are assured of ongoing contact with the firm's principals and senior personnel. FM3 designs and manages the entire research process including research instrument design, sampling or recruitment plan, and data collection, analysis and interpretation. In addition, FM3 has Spanish-language capability on its staff that it applies to all research projects involving populations with significant Spanish-speaking segments.
On an annual basis, FM3 conducts as many as three hundred surveys and one hundred and fifty focus groups, in addition to providing ongoing strategic consultation to key clients. FM3 research and analysis frequently focuses on issues of major economic and social concern, including communications technology; energy development, conservation and regulation; transportation planning and finance, health care; environmental quality; natural resource conservation and development; public finance; growth and property development, and the implications of public policy for ethnic and other demographic groups such as children and the elderly.